Sunday, 27 February 2011

Architectural Photography: Gaudi's Barcelona



Here are some shots of Antoni Gaudi's beautiful creations.
I know the web is quite saturated with images of his work, but I like to believe I brought some new angles that focus especially on details of his wonderful buildings and interiors.

Nursery room, La Pedrera. (Casa Mila)

Roof-top shot, same location.
A quite lugubrious shot of another nursery room from the same building.
Facade detail of Casa Mila, nicknamed 'La Pedrera' because it resembles a quarry.
Servant's room.
Notice Gaudi's exquisite attention to details, including hooks and small furniture.




While I was visiting Barcelona I read into his work process and I found out that he didn't use any architectural plans for his buildings! He simply lived next to the building sites, day and night, guiding builders to fulfill his vision exactly.


Finally, one of my favourite details of the Sagrada Familia Cathedral. I find this shot very serene and soothing.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...