Friday, 24 June 2011

Photography: V&A permanent exhibition

 I always enjoy a trip to the V&A- even though by now I know all the exhibits by heart.
This time I decided to take unusual shots of some of my favourite sculptures from the V&A permanent collection.


I love the way light, shadow and framing can make stone statues look very much alive.
Moreover, some extreme close-ups can even show powerful feelings: the woman above-   
      melancholy, sculpture underneath- lust.






...grief

 


This is a typical Victorian 'pose': something between melancholy and pensiveness. 
I wonder if artists ever realized those feelings look awkward on a 6 year old child?


 A shot from the gift shop- even that looks atmospheric!


Crazy-wonderful glass installation, marking the main entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...